Thursday, September 11, 2003

Its raining, its pouring!

Yay! I love the rain. I love the grey and gloom. The sun can be fun, and I love warm summer nights, but fall is my very favorite time of year. There is just something about curling up in a soft warm blanket on the couch next to the window with a crisp breeze and the smell of fresh rain. It is a great time to get caught up on my reading and my mocha-drinking. (Not that I ever let those things slide too much.) My husband complains about the dark when you get up, dark when you come home thing, but I really enjoy it. I like driving in the dark. I don't get depressed by gloomy weather; I actually feel energized! It is so nice to go workout and not feel like I'm going to die from heat exhaustion. I hope it rains all weekend!

It is the anniversary of "911" for the US today. I don't want to dwell too much on it, but I do want to say that I am proud to be an American, and that day will forever be in my memory. It took me a day and a half before I cried after the tragedy, but when I did, I really did. Last year on the anniversary, the business complex I work in had a "pay your respects to the flag" moment on the hour the first plane hit. I cried then too during the moment of silence. It was very moving. I fully support what the President has done and is doing. There is no need for "hate" mail, it is my freedom to feel that way and to express it!

No comments:

Post a Comment