Thursday, September 11, 2003

Its raining, its pouring!
Yay! I love the rain. I love the grey and gloom. The sun can be fun, and I love warm summer nights, but fall is my very favorite time of year. There is just something about curling up in a soft warm blanket on the couch next to the window with a crisp breeze and the smell of fresh rain. It is a great time to get caught up on my reading and my mocha-drinking. (Not that I ever let those things slide too much). My husband complains about the dark when you get up, dark when you come home thing, but I really enjoy it. I like driving in the dark. I don't get depressed by gloomy weather - I actually feel energized! It is so nice to go workout and not feel like I'm going to die from heat exhaustion. I hope it rains all weekend!

It is the anniversary of "911" for the US today. I don't want to dwell too much on it, but I do want to say that I am proud to be an American - and that day will forever be in my memory. It took me a day and a half before I cried after the tradegy, but when I did, I really did. Last year on the anniversary, the business complex I work in had a "pay your respects to the flag" moment on the hour the first plane hit. I cried then too during the moment of silence. It was very moving. I fully support what the President has done, and is doing. There is no need for "hate" mail - it is my freedom to feel that way and to express it!

No comments: