10 Things to do when you're broke
1. Make your 5$ Venti Mocha Frappuccino's at home instead of going to Starbucks. Here is a recipe.
2. Go out to lunch with your co-workers - give THEM a check for your part of the meal while they pay on their credit card. In my experience, they wait forever to cash checks - especially when everyone has direct deposit and no need to go the bank ever.
3. Play with your pets. They will never invite you to do something you can't afford.
4. Organize something. Your office, your bookshelf, your digital pictures, etc.
5. Take a nap.
6. Make a crazy Christmas list.
7. Draw something and put it on the refrigerator - whether you are an artist or not.
8. Come up with a new exercise. I came up with leg extensions while sitting at my desk with a heavy hole punch between my feet.
9. Look at all the food you have in your house. Figure out a new recipe from it - and make your spouse try it first. Do not tell them you are experimenting. Come up with a name for your recipe and act like you know what you are doing. If you drop some of it on the floor, and the dogs won't eat it, throw it away and go to your parent's house for dinner.
10. Ask your friends if they have any books that they like that you could borrow. Reciprocate.