Tuesday, August 26, 2003

A day of meals.

OK, for those who have expressed interest, here is an example of one of my meal days, and please don't scream, hide your eyes and then laugh hysterically if you are one of the yahoo group BFLers:

6:30am - meal 1 - Chocolate protein shake with glutamine, banana. Some form of coffee (either cappuccino or brew) - separate from the shake. Vitamins.
8:30am - meal 2 - Zone bar or Detour bar, ostrich stick
10:30am - meal 3 - egg whites with red, orange, & green pepper and white onion. Topped with salsa and Udo's oil. Strawberries with Splenda. 2 thermogenics (I use Maxlean or betalean)
12:30pm - meal 4 - 5oz of Chicken or tenderloin with Fat Free cream cheese rolled in 2 La Tortilla Factory wheat low-carb tortillas (the small ones). Cup of broccoli or zucchini.
3:00pm - meal 5 - strawberry/banana whey protein smoothie with lechtin, barley, minerals and glutamine. 2 more thermogenics.
6:00pm - meal 6 - Atlantic salmon (barbecued) with lemon pepper and oil, asparagus and either a yam or a sweet potato.
9:00pm - meal 7 - egg whites with broccoli. (Sometimes I forget to get this meal in)

That is approximately 2050 calories and a ratio of 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fats (the good fats).
I work out 5 to 6 times a week for about 45 minutes each session. I do High intensity interval training (HIIT). 3 cardio days and 2 to 3 weight training days. I do not mix cardio and weight training, but sometimes I wait tables on weight training days and that is almost like cardio. I have lost almost 30 pounds in 14 weeks and lost many inches. (I'll put the exact inches on an entry in the future). I have lost about 3% body fat. There are lots of people who do much better than that, but that is MY personal best so far. I do have cheat meals and/or a cheat day depending on how I am feeling that week. Occasionally, I have an unscheduled cheat - like a mocha Frappuccino! MMMM. I don't worry about it a whole lot, I just keep going. Never give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment