Monday, July 28, 2003

A brand new blog...
Hello, Crazy Dogmama here. I have decided to publish my daily insanity in a blog. First, why "Crazy Dogmama"? Well, I am the human mama of two Cairn Terriers (like Toto) named Louie and Maggie - who are my kids, and I tend to be a bit crazy. I have an obsession with working out, eating healthy and photography. I am not an expert in any of these fields, but I do waste a lot of time doing/learning about them. I am an avid scrapbooker, and am currently gathering pictures of my "Body For Life" (BFL) challenge for a scrapbook I am making of my progress. Now, of course, I can ramble on daily about it in my blog. I just finished an upper body workout on my lunch break at work. I am now drinking my "Muscle Milk". In a few hours I will be eating tuna on dark rye.

My current reading includes: "Diary of a Manhattan Call Girl" and "God Save the Sweet Potato Queens". My husband goes along graciously with all of this - and I in turn, go along with his golf obsession. I don't golf myself - it is not exciting enough for me. I am an adrenaline junkie. Over the last 8 years I gained a whole lot of weight - and have not been able to do my adrenaline junkie activities like snow skiing and jumping out of airplanes - so that is where my fitness obsession comes in. I WILL be ripped by next May...if it kills me! I eat constantly (5-7 meals a day) and workout 6 days a week - HARD! Or, at least I try. I have 2 cheat meals per week - in the same day. Some people have an all-day free day - which is great, and what I do when I am doing BFL, but right now I am trying to limit it to two meals a week at the advice of my trainer. These two meals could consist of an entire pizza or an entire package of oreos, mind you. I have lost a little over 20 pounds so far in 9 weeks. I have lost almost 2% in body fat. In the past, I have not been good at this - I usually give up. NOT THIS TIME. I am on a mission.

Today, I am looking into a photography class. I love digital photography, but I also want to learn how to do regular photography. I am into black and white - although I am just starting that.

I have one other obsession. Disneyland. My husband and I are big kids who love Disneyland. I am so bummed that Space Mountain will be closed for 2 years! It is my favorite ride, ever! We are planning our next trip for 2005.

Interested in anything I have to say? email me at crazydogmama@gmail.com.

No comments: